Friday, April 23, 2010

Obama vs Gibbs on the Value Added Tax

"I know that there's been a lot of talk around town lately about the value added tax. That is something that has worked for some countries. It is something that would be novel for the United States. And before I start saying, this makes sense or that makes sense, I want to get a better picture of what our options are."
President Obama, in an interview with CNBC's John Harwood, Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - Video

"Well, I think I directed an answer to this the other day by saying that it wasn’t something that the President had under consideration."
White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs, Wednesday April 21, 2010, responding to a to a reporter who asked him whether the President would consider implementing a valued added tax.

No comments: