Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Michelle Obama: I hate being first Lady, it's hell, but it's a lot of fun and a real joy

From the Daily Mail:
Michelle Obama thinks being America’s First Lady is ‘hell’, Carla Bruni, [France's First Lady], reveals today in a wildly indiscreet new book.

Miss Bruni reveals that Mrs Obama replied when asked about her position as the U.S. president’s wife: ‘Don’t ask! It’s hell. I can’t stand it!’
From the Chicago Sun Times: April 23, 2009 - [excerpt]:
Michelle Obama celebrated "take your child to work day" at the White House by taking questions from kids of White House staffers:

Q If you had to choose a job in the White House for a day, what would you choose?

MICHELLE OBAMA: If I had to choose a job in the White House, it would be this job, being First Lady. I think I have the best job in the White House, because like I said, I get to -- I don't have to deal with the hard problems every day... And there's so much fun to be had in service. And it's -- because I don't get paid, I get to do whatever I want to do. And it's kind of a -- it's kind of a good mix of substantive stuff, things dealing with issues, but it's also fun stuff. So I think I have actually one of the best jobs in the White House...

Q What's your least favorite thing to do in the White House?

MICHELLE OBAMA: What's my least favorite thing to do at the White House? Wow. You know, I don't know that there's a least favorite thing to do. Gosh, I don't have to do anything that is all that bad. That's a really good question. I don't think I can list one thing that I just don't like to do... Maybe it's running on the treadmill... Sometimes I don't like to do that. But pretty much everything that I've done here so far has just been a real joy...

Q How does it feel to be the First Lady?

MICHELLE OBAMA: You know, it feels just like probably being a mom... I wake up every morning..., making sure that my kids get to school on time and they do their homework. And then I get to have a lot of fun because I get to do things like come and talk to you guys and go out to schools and plant a garden and go visit military families. So I think it's a lot of fun, the job that I have. But it feels good, actually...

Q My name is Cynthia..., and what is it like to be at the White House, to live at the White House?

MRS. OBAMA: Well, since I answered that question already, it's fun, okay? It's great...
Related post - September 16: Did Michelle Obama really say 'it's hell' to be First Lady?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE leave the White House if you cannot do the job! Be sure and take your UNQUALIFIED spouse with you when you go!

pita said...

resource navigate to this site try here Dolabuy Celine websites great site

suwhoez said...

replica bags wholesale hermes replica handbags s6s98o9o88 replica bags bangkok find more information h7e14m7l21 buy replica bags replica bags karachi you could try these out m7a79l8a89 best replica bags online replica bags by joy

Unknown said...

replica bags online u75 s9z05y1d13 replica bags online r86 w2t80q5s19 replica bags china b65 f2z49x7p13