Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gibbs: Ahmadinejad MIGHT be the elected leader of Iran

White House spokesman, Robert Gibbs today addressed a statement he had made on Tuesday asserting that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was the 'elected leader' of Iran. At today's daily press briefing Gibbs said, "it's not fair for me to pass judgment on" that:
Let me correct a little bit of what I said yesterday. I denoted that Mr. Ahmadinejad was the elected leader of Iran. I would say it's not for me to pass judgment on [that]. He's been inaugurated, that's a fact. Whether any election was fair, obviously the Iranian people still have questions about that and we'll let them decide that....
Sadly, Mr. Gibbs and the White House are being disingenuous about the situation in Iran. The Iranian people do not have the freedom or the ability to choose their leaders. The only ones with the power and the influence to effect these decisions are the Supreme leader of Iran and the President of the United States. And apparently, they have made up their minds already....

No comments: